Community Hall faces an Uncertain Future
Like many enterprises at the moment the Community Council (which has responsibility for our Hall, the adjacent car park area, the woodland running along George Street and the Hintlesham and Chattisham playing fields ) is facing the implications from the Covid-19 situation which is now , sadly , all too familiar to us.
Firstly, it hits our primary role, which is to provide a place for us to meet and enjoy each other’s company, and secondly it significantly impacts our financial standing.
The Community Executive must give huge thanks to both Richard Debanks and the Social Committee in their work to allow us to open the hall and bar, albeit in a very limited way. Richard established risk assessments to ensure that we are fully Covid-19 compliant and worked tirelessly with hall hirers to ensure that all required actions were followed. The Social Committee must be commended for working hard so they have been able to open the bar on occasions which has allowed villagers to say hello to each other in person, which has been well received.
The impact of only opening in a limited way is financially devastating. Our income has dropped by more than half, whilst our overheads, which we are trying to contain, continue at almost normal level. The HCCC Executive, faced with a prolonged period of financial losses, will now only commit funds to essential maintenance tasks, such as structural repairs, maintenance work on the woodland with external contractors, and repairs to the Hintlesham Playing field boundary fence, all situations that need us to protect our property or to fulfil health and safety or legal requirements.
You can help us in supporting the community facilities in these difficult times by:
- Using the bottle and paper recycling located in the community car park. This adds up to £1,000 p.a. to our income annually and it would be great if we could increase this.
- Joining, or increasing your membership of the 200 club.
- Details can be found on this link or by contacting Annie Eaton
- Supporting the Social Club by :
- Joining as an annual, life, or family member
- Coming along when the bar is open and having your favourite tipple
- When online shopping use a “giving machine” (https://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk/causes/Hintlesham-chattisham-Community-council) It’s a simple search to find “Hintlesham & Chattisham Community Council” or by using our quick sign up code “266620”, then click to your favourite shops and a percentage of your shopping bill is converted into a cash donation to us at no extra cost to you. There are over 2,000 shops participating,
- Just start at The Giving Machine website, desktop reminder or mobile app whenever you go shopping and you’ll raise free cash donation for Hintlesham & Chattisham Community Council.
If you want to find out more about the Community facilities look up our website . We’d love to have you help us, either by contributing suggestions, of being actively involved in what we do. Simply get in touch, all our details are on our website.
Chair – Hintlesham and Chattisham Community Council